1. Complete Application on the next application day in person.
2. Submit required documentation (COPY of Proof of graduation & COPY of ID)
3. Pass an Aptitude test consiting of Algebraic Functions and Reading Comprehension
*Aptitude tests are typically held approximately 1-3 months after qualifying as an applicant. Test notification will be send by mail.
Study material can be found at:
Electrical Training Alliance - Guide to Preparing for the Aptitude Test. Sample test questions.
Electrical Prep - At cost classes to prepare for the Apprenticeship.
TECH MATH - Online Algebra course through the Electrical Training Alliance (Formally NJATC) for $125.00.
Khan Academy - FREE website that provides online training in Algebra and other courses. Watch videos and practice concepts.
Accuplacer Sample Questions - 26 page PDF file with Math, Reading Comprehension questions.
Minimum Requirements: Each applicant must:
1. Be 18 years of age or older, with proof of identification, such as a drivers’ license or identification card issued by the D.M.V. (Must have a valid drivers’ license at time of indenture).
2. Be a High School graduate or equivalent (Must bring proof ie: diploma, GED, etc...).
3. Applicants will be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test once you are accepted as an apprentice. NO EXCEPTIONS
What to turn in on Application day:
1. A PHOTOCOPY of Driver's License or Identification Card
2. A PHOTOCOPY of High School Diploma/GED showing date of Graduation
ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS:
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A High School DIPLOMA/GED, YOU HAVE UP TO 30 DAYS AFTER THE APPLICATION DATE TO SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS.
*time frames subject to change
DON'T HAVE THE ALGEBRA or NEED TO BRUSH UP?
If you do not have the required algebra credit or are unable to get verification, the JATC will accept the TECH MATH course offered by the NJATC.